Scholar’s Place development

Leading homebuilder names road at scholar’s place after Alsager family

Charles Bennion

Barratt and David Wilson Homes North West has honoured a local Alsager family, by naming a street at its Scholar’s Place development, Charles Bennion Road after the farmer who used to own the land.

The Bennion family formerly farmed the land that the development is now built on, before it was the subject of a compulsory purchase order in 1940.

Charles Bennion was the owner of the land prior to World War II and his Grandson Charles Bennion has fond memories of playing on the land as a young child, which has become poignant in recent years as he now suffers from Alzheimer’s.