There’s no better pleasure than curling up with a good book and getting lost in a fictional world – no matter how old you are! Here, Oak Furnitureland is sharing its top tips on how to create the perfect cosy reading nook within your home.
1. A statement bookcase is an obvious place to start. Somewhere to not only store and display your book collection, but somewhere that also inspires and relaxes you. Choose a shape, colour and style that you like and complements your home and the room it’s in.
2. Tall bookshelves also work well to section a room up. If you don’t have much space or a separate room you can dedicate to reading, place a bookshelf sideways into the room to create the ideal room divider for some privacy.
3. A cosy reading space isn’t complete without a comfy armchair or loveseat. Choose a fun statement colour or pattern, or for more pared back tastes go for something more subtle to create the perfect spot to catch up on your favourite novel.
4. Any reading nook needs a coffee table to keep a cuppa and piece of cake handy. They’re also a great place for books that contain beautiful pictures and inspiring stories.
5. Or if you want to go for something a little more relaxed, opt for a footstool in the corner and use throws and cushions to create a cosy hideaway.
6. And, of course, the books aren’t the only important thing in ensuring a reading corner suits you. Ornaments from your travels, wall art, photos, and plants are all welcome additions that will show personality – not all stories live in books, after all.